Setup email in Outlook 2007
Text in this color is used as an example. Please be sure to replace this text with the proper information for your site or server. Be sure to replace yourdomain.com with your domain name.
The following tutorial is provided as a courtesy to our customers to help you configure your mail software to work with Magical Productions' hosting solutions.
Third-party software can not be supported directly by Magical Productions. If you have further questions about configuring Outlook please visit http://support.microsoft.com/
- Open Outlook 2007.
- Click the Tools menu, and select Account Settings.
- Click on the Email tab and click on the New... button.
- Next select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP and click Next.
- On the Auto Account Setup window check the Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
Magical Productions does not support Auto Account Setup on our mail servers, so you should not use the Auto Account Setup feature.
- Select Internet E-mail option and click Next.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Enter Your Name as you want it to appear.
- Enter your full email address firstname.lastname@example.org in the Email address: field.
- Select POP3 or IMAP. What is the difference?
- Enter mail.yourdomain.com in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) server: field.
- Enter mail.yourdomain.com in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: field.
- Enter your username email@example.com in the Account name: field.
- Enter your email password in the Password: field.
- Perform the following steps:
- Click on More Settings...
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check My outgoing server (SMTP) Requires Authentication
- Make sure Use same setting as my incoming mail server is also checked.
- Now set the outgoing port:
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- In the Outgoing server (SMTP) field change the default setting (25) to 587.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Test Account Settings button and you should see all items with green check marks... Click the Close Button to close the test window. Click OK to save your settings.
- Congratulations. You have finished the setup of your email account. Click Finish to close the setup wizard.